Monday, October 27, 2008

More Punkins!


We just can't get enough of pumpkin patches! Andy has always told me these great stories of his trips to the fields of orange globes and how the really good farms had goats. Well, I came across a pumpkin patch that not only has goats and other barnyard animals, but also has a pumpkin cannon that shoots pumpkins up to three football field lengths away! It sounded too good to pass up! I called my friend Lisa and sent a message to my friend Annie (two of my fabulous friends from college and two of the Ta-Ta's) and we set a date for yesterday to bring our girls out to hunt for the Great Pumpkin. Annie came with Nina. Lisa came with Evelyn and Brandon. I came with Lily and Andy. We watched pumpkins fly across the fields. We scratched behind the ears of a goat and some pigs. And we left with a perfect little pumpkin. It was the first time we'd been able to get all three of our daughters together and there are sure to be many more gatherings in the future!

1 comment:

ablykins said...

I just love fall and it sounds like you guys are "doin' it up right"! Pumpkin patches are so much fun and then making pumpkin seeds to snack on after you carve them up is a tasty treat!